7 Tamarisk Rise, Wokingham, Berkshire. RG40 1WG
"Non-Delivery of my 5 Containers of Furniture & Belongins 'Out of their Storage Facilities' to my NEW House. + Unprofessional Behaviour. + Aggressive & Bullying tactics.
Approx. £ 2,000
Friday, 16th January, 2009
Settle this claim!
Use the form below to settle this complaint
There are no photos for this complaint
There are no files for this complaint
My Complaint is against - Mr. Peter Ferguson.
(Who is the Owner of Rainbow Removals).
7 Tamarisk rise,
- Mr. Peter Ferguson came round to my House to view all my Furniture & Belongings, for the purposes of giving me an Accurate Quotation.
& Mr. Peter Ferguson totally "Under-Estimated" how many Containers all my Furniture & Belongings would need. (He quoted me for 3 Containers. When, it was in fact, 5 Containers = Which is quite a BIG Mistake or Under-Estimation, for an "Expert" or a Businessman in the Removal & Storage industry, with his own Company).
- Mr. Peter Ferguson's Accounts + Invoices/Bills were consistently Incorrect. & Didn't show or indicate Payments that I had already made.
- Mr. Peter Ferguson "Over-Charged" me for the Packing Materials.
- He changed his Storage Prices (or Upped his Storage Prices) within 1 Month of having all my Furniture & Belongings 'in his Storage Facilities'.
- His Behaviour & Attitude became "totally Unprofessional" & "Unreasonable". & He also went 'Out of his way' to be as Difficult & as Obnoxious as possible. (Once he had my Furniture & Belongings in his Storage Facilties).
- He "Over-Stepped the mark" or "Crossed a Line" & became "too Familiar" + "Unprofessional", by Contacting me via Facebook, on-line.
- He also became quite Aggressive, & used "Bullying & Intimidating Tactics".
- Mr. Peter Ferguson did NOT Deliver my 5 Containers 'Out of his Storage Facilities' on the "Agreed Date of Delivery" (e.g. Friday Morning, 16th January, 2009).
- According to The Local Trading Standards Office - Mr. Peter Ferguson is "in Breach of his Contractual Agreement" + "in Breach of the Supply of Goods & Services Act".
& He caused me "additional Costs" + "an extreme amount of Stress', by not Delivering my 5 Containers on the "Agreed Date".
What Happened (in more Detail) :-
Prior to the Sale of my previous House (in August 2008), I got 5 Quotations done from various different Removal & Storage Companies.
& It came down to a choice between 2 "Cheaper" Companies - Farrier & Fenwick (which is a Local Company near me), who I have used previously, for my previous Move (in 2001); & Rainbow Removals (located in Wokingham, Berkshire).
However, there were certain things included on the Written Quotation from Farrier & Fenwick (+ the other Removal & Storage Companies), that weren't written or included in Rainbow Removals' written Quotation.
Therefore, I telephoned Mr. Peter Ferguson, & Explained that I needed to Clarify 1 or 2 things, before I made a Decision as to who I would instruct to Remove & Store all my Furniture & Belongings.
1. Export Wrapping 5 pieces of 'Delicate' Furniture.
2. Dis-Assembling + Re-Assembling 2 Beds + 1 Wardrobe.
3. The Price of Packing Materials
4. The Price of Storage.
So, on the Telephone, Mr. Peter Ferguson agreed to "Cap the Packing Materials at £ 90", + Agreed to Export Wrap the 5 items of 'Delicate' Furniture, + Dis-Assemble & Re-Assemble my 2 Beds + 1 Wardrobe, + Offered me a Price of £ 12 per Container, per Week. (Instead of the £ 15 per Container, per Week, which was Quoted in his Written Quotation to me).
& He begged/pleaded with me to "give him the Job/Work".
So, I instructed him to "Remove all my Furniture + Store it in his Storage Facilities".
'On the day of Removal' - e.g. Thursday, 28th August, 2008 :-
- Mr. Peter Ferguson telephoned me to inform me that his Removal Lorry would turn up at 08.30 a.m.
- He then telephoned me a 2nd time, to inform me that they would turn up at 09.15 a.m.
- He then telephone me a 3rd time, to inform me that they would turn up at 10 a.m.
They FINALLY turned up at 10.30 a.m.
(& Then, after all that, it was ONLY a very small Van, that turned up, with 2 Guys who "Export Wrapped" my 5 pieces of 'Delicate' Furniture, & then promptly sat down to wait for the Large Lorry to turn up with the Removal/Storage Containers).
So, my First Complaint - Is, that they "were very Late in Arriving".
2. 1 of his Removal men "Tripped or Kicked my Front Door sill & cracked it / broke it". (& I informed Mr. Peter Ferguson of this).
After ALL my Furniture & Belongings had been Removed into "Store",
3. I received an Invoice - "Over-Charging" me for Packing Materials.
(Which I then Queried, & Mr. Ferguson did agree to alter his Invoice, & reflect the Correct Price for Packing Materials - Which we had Agreed to "Cap" at £ 90).
& He re-sent me a Corrected Invoice, reflecting this - e.g. £ 90 for Packing Materials (as we had Agreed).
4. Within 1 Month of Mr. Ferguson's Company (Rainbow Removals) Packing & Removing all my Furniture into "his Storage Facilities", Mr. Ferguson
If you know someone who has been ripped off, please log in and send a message
[19/03/2010] Matt Andrews: Interesting to read your experience with Rainbow Removals. I used them for a removal job recently and whilst my experience had it's own unique challenges the common theme here is Peter Ferguson being a rude, agressive bully who did his best to make me feel threatened should I dare say a bad word about the appaullling service they provided. Please steer clear of this shambles of a company
[17/04/2010] jamie: peter ferguson is a bully to all customers swears and shouts down the phone once hes got your money he doesn't give a toss provides a terrible service constanly reduces people to tears promises the world delivers nothing even to an old lady going into a home treated mum and daughter terribly what was a tragic time when for an ill lady going into a care home upset and swore at them SO STAY CLEAR YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
[27/05/2012] Unhappy customer: Peter is a horrible person, he is, so rude. He should not be running any form of a company. Do not use this company. Peter will upset you.
[18/09/2012] Alex: You're all not wrong. I work in a local storage facility, and rainbow removals had been booked to empty a unit by a customer.
This ferguson guy was let on site unauthorised by one of the movers.
I popped out just to mention to the guys not to just fill both lifts with goods as other customers were waiting on site to use them, he proceeded to get in my face, got very aggressive, claimed he was an "urban fucking terrorist", was extremely rude, refused to leave as he was trespassing.... It got to the point where I actually had to call the police on the guy!
Do not go anywhere near this company! They guy is an animal and will pick a fight over absolutely nothing!!!!
Be extremely weary of rainbow and this ferguson ball-bag!
[24/09/2012] Very unhappy customer!: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! Peter is a rude and incredibly unreasonable man! His removal men spilt a whole tin of white paint on our red carpet at our old address and insisted that WE should clean it up! When we got 4 quotes from companies saying that it couldn’t be cleaned, he refused to go to the insurance company for a new carpet and insisted that WE should use hot soapy water!? When I threatened legal action he said that he would use insurance. He then sent cleaners to our property and told us that the carpet was now clean. We inspected it and it was exactly how they left it the fist time!? Covered in paint! We are now waiting 4 weeks later, for a response on whether he will go to insurers, though I suspect they don’t have insurance. I think we are going to have to take legal action unfortunately.
Please log in before you add a new comment
Not a member yet? Click here »
Forgot password? Click here »